A decadent end to any meal is a light and refreshing dessert and this was a perfect end to ours.
This summer dessert is great for big kids!
It’s very quick to do with very little work and a very rewarding payout at the end.
So let’s get started
- make macerated strawberries which you can find in my other posts.
- to make the crumble pulse all crumble ingredients in food processor until combined
- bring mixture together by shaping with hands
- spread out on a tray to no particular thickness and freeze for around an hour
- heat oven to 200°c
- take from freezer and pulse into corse bread crumbs in food processor
- spread evenly on a paper lined oven tray (around 1/2cm think)
- cook for 8 mins then cut out rounds with a pastry cutter
- cook for a further 5 mins
- cool for 10 mins
- place on top of macerated strawberries and serve with vanilla ice cream or clotted cream
(crumble recipe adapted from Raymond Blanc’s Kitchen Secrets)